Registered nurses at Tenet hospitals throughout California have overwhelmingly ratified a new three-year contract.
The nurses are represented by the California Nurses Association/National Nurses United.
The contract covers 3,700 registered nurses at the following California hospitals:
Palm Springs: Desert Regional Medical Center
Joshua Tree: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Los Alamitos: Los Alamitos Medical Center
Manteca: Doctors Hospital of Manteca
Modesto: Doctors Medical Center of Modesto
San Luis Obispo: Sierra Vista Regional Med Center
San Ramon: San Ramon Regional Medical Center
Templeton: Twin Cities Community Hospital
Turlock: Emanuel Medical Center
Nurses reached agreement on the new pact after six months of negotiations.
Highlights of the contract include:
- Health and safety: Provisions that guarantee adequate PPE (personal protective equipment), Covid-19 testing for nurses, cohorting of Covid-19 patients in isolation areas, and expansion of RN training and education that includes interactive as well as hands-on, face-to-face training.
- Maintained pension and health care benefits.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI): An annual demographic report will be submitted to the RN retention committee to address racial and gender inequities.
- Economic gains to retain and recruit experienced nurses: Wage increases from 11.4 percent to 21 percent with wage step increases during the life of the agreement and increases in on-call and night shift pay.
- Recognition: Registered nurses at Doctors Hospital of Manteca will now be covered by the master agreement.
The new contract covers the period July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2025.
Nurses in a hospital
Photo from Alpha Media USA Portland OR