It’s popular and it’s back, the SunLine Transit Agency 111 Music Festival on Sunbus Line 111 on Sunday 11/11/18.
That’s November 11th, and of course Line 111 travels along Highway 111 in the Coachella Valley.
30 local bands and performers, no professionals please, will entertain riders on the 111 bus line from 3 in the afternoon until 7 at night at Sunday November 11th.
So it’s time to send in your audition if you want to perform in the Sunline 111 Music Festival.
SunLine Transit encourages local bands to submit their video audition to be considered as one of the bands selected for the Festival. The criteria is as follows:
1) Music performers should complete an electronic application form and provide a video link no more than 90 seconds per piece at https://www.sunline.org/111musicfest. Audio files are not accepted.
2) A maximum of (2) entries are allowed per performance group or individual.
3) All files must be clearly labeled with the performer’s name and title of performance piece.
4) Incomplete materials or those exceeding the time limit will not be processed.
5) The video file must contain only the piece being entered.
6) Professional recordings are not required, but attention to quality, clarity and point of view are essential for accurate review.
7) Family-friendly material only. No off-color language or mature subject matter is allowed.
8) All performers must:
- be at least 8 years of age.
- give an acoustical/acapella performance.
- reside within a 45-mile radius of Sunline Transit Agency.
- be non-professionals (may not generate 50% or more of their wages from performing).
- commit to the entire rehearsal / performance schedule.
9) Audition video submissions must be received no later than October 20, 2018.
Performances must be totally self-contained – no sound system equipment is allowed. Once a band’s entry is received, it will be reviewed by a screening panel.
Finalists will perform for a live audience on the Line 111 buses on November 11, 2018 from 3:00-7:00 p.m.
Winners will be selected by passenger votes via text and posts tagging the Festival and their favorite band/performers on Facebook or Instagram. The first place winner will receive a $500 Visa gift card, the second place winner will receive a $300 Visa gift card, and the third place winner will receive a $100 Visa gift card.
“Highway 111 is the heart of the Valley, so our Line 111 becomes the ideal mobile music venue for this hip festival,” said Lauren Skiver, CEO/General Manager of SunLine Transit Agency. “We really embrace what this Festival provides to the Coachella Valley – a rare opportunity to enjoy a relaxing ride while enjoying some of the most talented musical acts in our community.”
The 111 Line stretches 19 miles across the valley floor, from Palm Springs to Coachella.
Admission for the 111 Music Festival is the cost of SunLine’s standard bus fares. All SunLine buses featured in this Festival are part of its clean fuels fleet – ranging from CNG (clean natural gas) to hydrogen as well as fuel cell buses. For more information, go to www.sunline.org.
Photo courtesy of Sunline Transit Agency, and Andrea Carter and Associates.