DUI Checkpoints Still Resulting In Few DUI Arrests
May 23, 2023 9:40AM PDT
La Quinta, Calif. – On Friday May 19th, 2023, one person was arrested for DUI, one person was arrested for public intoxication, one person was arrested for delaying or resisting a peace officer, two people were cited for outstanding warrants, and 5 people were cited for being an unlicensed driver, at a DUI checkpoint in La Quinta.
The DUI checkpoint was held at Washington Street and Highland Palms Drive from 6:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
1,950 vehicles were contacted, 34 vehicles were subjected to secondary screening, and 15 field sobriety tests were conducted.
- Jacob Steven Cordova, 28 years of La Quinta, was arrested for DUI alcohol.
- Beverly Alexis Rojas, 32 years of La Quinta, was arrested for a domestic battery and failure to appear warrant.
- Hollyann Brown, 35 years of Palm Desert, was arrested for a narcotics warrant.
- John Bernard Robertson, 49 years of Lomita, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Donald Gene Readinger III, 52 years of La Quinta, was arrested for delaying or resisting a peace officer.
DUI DOES NOT JUST MEAN BOOZE sign from Palm Springs CA Police Dept